I love love love Thai Sweet and Spicy sauce. I need to have it at home all the time. One day, my boyfriend offers to make me Korean Chicken wings like Bon Chon and of course, Korean Sweet and Spicy sauce is needed. He found the recipe for the Korean Wing sauce in the same book he found the recipe for Korean Chicken Wings. The book is called Modernist Cuisine at Home by Nathan Myhrvold with Maxim Bilet. Here are the ingredients:
- Gochujang (Korean Fermented chili paste) 135 gram (1/2 cup)
*It comes in different level of spiciness. Get the one that you can handle.
- Sugar 50 gram (1/3 cup)
- Soy Sauce 30 gram (5 tsp)
- Shaoxing Wine (Chinese Rice Wine) 27 gram (2 Tbsp)
*You can substitute it with medium -dry wine.
- Toasted-Sesame Oil 20 gram (1 1/2 Tbsp)
*I used regular Sesame oil. It smells pretty strong, you can use less if desire.
- Garlic, minced 10 gram (1 Tbsp)
- Ginger, minced 8 gram (1 Tbsp)
Procedure: Combine every ingredient together and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Serve it cold or warm with Korean Wings (Click here for Korean Wing Recipe)